Used (SONET) equipment sources/lists?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Oct 4 05:04:59 UTC 2008

You could try here, too:
http://www.telecomclassifiedads.com/

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Forrest W. Christian [mailto:fwc at mt.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:25 PM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Used (SONET) equipment sources/lists?

I'm switching one end of a PtP DS3 to a location which only has fiber to
the carrier.  As a result, I'm really in need of a Fujitsu FlashWave
4010 or equivalent which can take a sonet-framed OC3 from a carrier and
break it out into individual DS3's.

So far, my normal sources of used equipment have come up dry - but most
of them really only deal with data networking (cisco) stuff, so it's a
bit out of their league.    A long time ago (you know, like 100 internet
years ago), I used to post these type of needs to
misc.forsale.computers.net-hardware with good results, but that doesn't
look very useful anymore.

I'm hoping someone can point me towards a reseller which specializes in
this type of stuff, or another source I've overlooked.

(and no, eBay isn't a valid answer for this question... I've been
watching :)

Of course, if someone would like to tell me a easier/different (but
still reasonably inexpensive) way to break apart a SONET OC3 such that a
far end DS3 can be connected to something like a PA-A3-T3 or a  PA-T3
that would work too.

Thanks,

-forrest