143.228.0.0/16 and house.gov

Mick Bergman bergmanm at imsg.com
Thu Oct 2 16:39:19 UTC 2008

Are you saying that the house.gov site is not in a large data center
with direct fiber connectivity along with many of the other large
federal web sites (with alternative hot sites ready to go at a moment's
notice, of course)? As someone who has been to different government data
centers, I can tell you they have huge amounts of data connectivity
there in case of emergency.

For a large site like house.gov, bandwidth should never be an issue. In
this case I highly doubt it was the issue, but instead overloading of
the hardware in place.

Just my $.02...

Mick