143.228.0.0/16 and house.gov

Jean-François Mezei jfmezei at vaxination.ca
Wed Oct 1 06:44:27 UTC 2008

Ernie Rubi wrote:
>  From an ops perspective, wonder just how much traffic caused:
>
>   "This morning, our engineers sounded the alarms ...

More of a case of a worldwide press conference broadcasted live by news
networms around the world when Nancy Pelosi stated that "as of now, the
recovery plan is available for everyone to read at the following web
address". The web site was immediatly overloaded and remained so for
hours. Normally, this web site would have received just a few visits
from the public at large every day. All of a sudden, millions of people
tried to get to it at the same time.