Origin ASN seen vs Origin ASN in Whois Records Report?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Nov 22 02:35:41 UTC 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Heather Schiller wrote:
> I don't know if a report like this already exists, but I haven't
> been able to find one.  Can someone (CIDR Report? BGPMon? PCH?)
> offer a report that shows the discrepencies in Origin ASN according
> to the whois records, and routes in the [global/public] routing table?

http://www.pch.net/routing-origin-inconsistency/

 From the help page:  "This tool identifies inconsistencies between
the autonomous systems which the Regional Internet Registries believe
are authoritative origins for routing announcements of each IP address
prefix, and those which are actually announcing the prefixes to PCH's
global network of looking glasses. The tool produces two lists of
inconsistent origins: the list at the top of the page, which contains
prefixes that are being announced by ASNs apparently unrelated to the
putatively-authoritative ones; and the list at the bottom of the page,
which contains prefixes with minor or apparently harmless
inconsistencies, mainly subsets of large authoritative sets, and
different ASNs operated by the same organization."

> Publishing it on some regular interval would be even better.

It's updated daily at midnight UTC.  We don't presently spam any lists
with our various reports and analyses.  I guess we could add a
subscription feature, though.

                                 -Bill