Blackhole route advertisements by AS14037 of our IP space - please filter them out at your end

kris foster kris.foster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:11:05 UTC 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> If you see 208.36.123.0/24 being announced from any other prefix than
> XO (2828 I guess) please ignore it.  Especially if you see it
> announced from 19318 or 14037.

You're unlikely to get any reasonable response or action here. The
best course of action is to work through XO. You are their customer,
and it is their address space, right?

For what it's worth 208.36.123.0/24 was advertised recently but as a
community we have no way of knowing the validity of it, or the
operational impact.

Kris
(not speaking as MLC)