IPv6 routing /48s

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Wed Nov 19 21:34:28 UTC 2008

On 20/11/2008, at 10:11 AM, trejrco at gmail.com wrote:

> Ah yes, public-but-not-external IPv4 addresses ... I wish a stern
> note saying don't do that was feasible ...

What people do with their addresses is their business.

The problem here is XPSP2/Vista assuming that non-RFC1918 = unfiltered/
unNATed for the purposes of 6to4.
Well, deeper problem is that they're using 6to4 on an end host I
suppose - it's supposed to be used on routers.

I was going to write up a qualification mechanism for it so it could
detect if 6to4 was OK or not, but code is already out there on umpteen
million PCs that aren't going to do their patches.
I still plan to.. hopefully I'll get around to it when I feel a bit
less jaded :-)

--
Nathan Ward