NAT66 and the subscriber prefix length

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Wed Nov 19 18:26:19 UTC 2008

On 19/11/2008 4:27, "Eugeniu Patrascu" <eugen at imacandi.net> wrote:

[...]

> My gripe was that I wanted to get an IPv6 allocation from RIPE to start
> testing how IPv6 would fit in the company that I work for and build a
> dual stack network so that when the time comes, just switch on IPv6 BGP
> neighbors and update the DNS.
>
> But at almost 10.000 EUR per year it's an experiment I can't afford.

Where did the 10k come from? According the the 2009 billing scheme
(http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-437.html) the highest annual fee is
€5,500. The FAQ makes it clear that new members are automatically assigned
to the Extra Small billing category
(http://www.ripe.net/info/faq/membership/newlir-billing.html#2), putting
membership and the sign-up fee at €3,300.

I don't remember the RIPE NCC trying to sell expensive extras like a car
dealership. I'd be surprised if the prices quoted aren't the prices that
everyone pays.

Regards,

Leo