McColo: Are the 'Lights On" at Telia?

Fredy Kuenzler kuenzler at init7.net
Sun Nov 16 18:35:21 UTC 2008

Paul Ferguson schrieb:
> Thanks to some good folks in Telia, McColo has been de-peered
> (again):
>
>       26780 MCCOLO - McColo Corporation
>
>         Adjacency:     1  Upstream:     1  Downstream:     0
>         Upstream Adjacent AS list
>           AS1299          TELIANET TeliaNet Global Network
>
> NOT Announced
>
> This AS is not currently used to announce prefixes in the global
> routing table, nor is it used as a visible transit AS.
>
> Prefixes added and withdrawn by this origin AS in the past 7 days.
>
>           - 208.66.192.0/22             Withdrawn
>           - 208.72.168.0/21             Withdrawn
>           - 208.72.173.0/24             Withdrawn

I was wondering why I still saw routes from McColo AS26780, and I
noticed that we picked up the routes via the Any2 LAX routeserver. They
still seem to be connected to Any2 LAX, even though they are no longer
listed. I applied now filters and set the community 19996:26780 to avoid
the annoucement of our routes towards them.

Maybe someone at CRG West could pull their plug, too.

--
Fredy Künzler
Init Seven AG, AS13030