Prefix Hijack Tool Comaprision

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Thu Nov 13 21:06:54 UTC 2008

Alexander Harrowell wrote:
> OK. This seems to be a flaw in RIPE RIS, a pity because BGPlay is great.

It is not a flaw in RIPE RIS. One of the RIPE RIS servers was just
within the AS'es that where affected, so it will show up. What BGPplay
og BGPmon do with that data afterwards is an entire different story.

RIPE RIS just collects data from various viewpoints. It's the users,
that have to create the threshoulds or to decide how significant that
data is.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
Airwire, Galway, Eire