Fwd: RE: Potential Prefix Hijack

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Nov 11 05:29:34 UTC 2008

Using bgplay.routeviews.org/bgplay for my prefixes (also hijacked) it looks like the damage is only to ASs downstream of either (or both) ASN 3130 and/or ASN 2914.

Given the large number of respondents to the thread, it looks like a possible case of no filtering by upstreams and full table announcements/withdrawals over a period of about 40 minutes beginning 23:22 11/10/2008 GMT.  There was also a problem at 17:09:30 2008 GMT for our prefixes.

scott

ps.

subthread on what's working and how with these prefix hijack alert systems: BGPmon alerted on this and PHAS did not.  They're the only two I am on at this time.

The 3.5 hour period has not happened for PHAS's damping technique to work.  I have 10 separate emails from BGPmon