Ixia, Juniper going green?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Nov 6 00:52:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Glen Kent wrote:

> http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=166871
>
> I wonder what impact this would put on other vendors to turn down
> their power consumptions and turn, as Juniper and Ixia like to put it
> - Green!

I do recall some people bashing Cisco products for their power consumption
at a recent tech event I attended.  Granted, that event was
Juniper-centric :)

Given the economic (rising power and cooling costs) and sometimes
logistical (lack of power available in a facility) realities of operating
networks and data centers, I'm sure everyone would love for their gear to
draw less power.  How many watts could actually be saved remains to be
seen...

jms