routing around Sprint's depeering damage

Anders Lindbäck list-only at dnz.se
Sun Nov 2 15:52:33 UTC 2008

Nice interpretation of my statement..

A reasonable effort and a contractual guarantee are two different
things, a reasonable effort could be defined as economicly feasable
for instance.

My point was that in Cogents case this is really a force majeure
situation and in Sprints case unless you have a contract that defines
an SLA with delivery to "the entire Internet" or something similar
you do not really have case to break your contract or sue due to the
de-peering as a breach of contract from Sprints side..

Anders Lindbäck
anders.lindback at dnz.se