routing around Sprint's depeering damage

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sun Nov 2 14:45:39 UTC 2008

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> The only government intervention I can imagine as being productive would
> be to mandate what the "Internet" is, and if someone is selling access
> to it, mandate that customers can demand a refund in case the "Internet
> Access" doesn't provide access to enough a big part of it in a well
> enough working manner.

In some parts of the US, we already have that.  We call it "Contract
Law" where I live.

You "make a deal" with somebody, with notes on paper about what each of
you think is to be delivered in each direction, then when everybody
agrees the notes accurately reflect the agreement, everybody signs it.

If somebody reneges, the lawyers get rich and maybe a repair is worked
out, maybe not.

But if that doesn't work, probably nothing else was going to either.