amazonaws.com?

Al Iverson aiversonlists at spamresource.com
Thu May 29 13:07:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Barry Shein <bzs at world.std.com> wrote:

> I am a big, big fan of assessing charges for AUP abuse and making some
> realistic attempt to try to make sure it's collectible, and otherwise
> make some attempt to know who you're doing business with.

Just out of curiosity, what stats can you make available as far as:
- How often you assess this AUP abuse fee?
- How often it is successfully collected?
- How successful are chargebacks against that fee?

I've heard lots of anti-abuse folks opine that this helps with spam
and other abuse prevention and cleanup, but I've never seen it in
practice before. I've also heard multiple ISP folks talk about it
being unenforceable. And from what I know from working for an
e-commerce service provider in the past, it sounds like a chargeback
magnet that could even endanger the merchant account of anybody who
uses it more than once.

Regards,
Al Iverson
--