Network meltdowns anywhere in US?

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Thu May 29 02:23:31 UTC 2008

> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >        Sorry, would have posted this elsewhere, but I can't get
> > to alot of places...
> >
> >        I originally started chasing not being able to get to
> > 71.74.56.243 (RR Mail server). I then found out neither L3 nor
> > my other connection saw it in the table. I checked a few other
> > router servers, some had it, some didn't.
> >
> >        Now, though, I'm trying to get a few other places and
> > most of them oddly seem to hang off L3.... (Like the outages
> > list. :) )
> >
> >        Any ideas of there is some meltdown happening
> > in L3 or elsewhere?
> >
> >                Thanks, Tuc
> >
> > --------------------------------
> >From a cursory glance seems to be ok from where I'm currently looking from
> (at&t), then again I haven't done my technical diligence. Will need to look
> further and I'm sure someone will pipe up.
>
> Do you have any traceroutes, route stats, etc to give us as to what you are
> experiencing?

	A bit more "clue"... :)

	1) If its been discussed before, I was out that day... But it seems
that CERF NET route-server isn't quite authoritative:

route-server>sho ip bgp 204.107.90.128
% Network not in table

route-server>sho ip bgp

route-server>

	2) The other route-server it wasn't showing up in is my "backup"
provider. I'm trying to get clarification, but I think my backup provider
relies too heavily on my primary provider. So yea, it would make sense, if
Level3 had an issue, that the provider USING L3 would have an issue.

	3) I've gotten zip from L3 about any of this.

	Can anyone atleast, once again, despite a certain list members
contentions, tell me I'm not crazy. That someone else SOMEWHERE saw it?
(Or more DIDN'T see RR. :) )

		Thanks, Tuc