Hurricane season starts June 1: Carriers harden networks

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 27 22:58:47 UTC 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Jerry Dixon wrote:

> Jared nailed it on the head.  It is absolutely critical to get to
> know who
> your State JFO POC is, State EOC POC, and have the National
> Communication
> Systems Hotline on speed dial or at least in your cell.  They can help
> facilitate needs such as getting human resources from your company
> or mutual
> aide in to help with a crisis (credentialing issues), fuel trucks,
> and other
> supplies as needed.
>
> Also you might want to check to see if your company has a govt.
> affairs
> person within your organization who might all ready have a lot of
> this info
> and the contacts to assist.

	I think there's something else to make note of.

	NCS wants to make sure that a number of the ISPs and critical
infrastructure operators have WPS/GETS available to the people who
rightly need them.  If you're not sure, give them a ring and chat with
them about what resources you should have at your disposal.  If there
is a major communication disruption, this may help your operations
team communicate.

	You can fill out the forms online at gets.ncs.gov

	- Jared