[NANOG] peering between ASes

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Sat May 17 03:07:20 UTC 2008

On 17/05/2008, at 3:52 AM, Kai Chen wrote:
> Sure, two ASs may peer with each other at multiple locations, I do
> want to
> know in each of these peering location, if there exist multi-access
> between
> these two ASes.

If you're looking for some rules about how this must work, you won't
find them - all these things are optional and dynamic.

Multiple accesses between two ASes at a single physical location is
possible, yes. It's probably a good idea in most cases - whether it
happens or not is usually a matter of whether the cost (both capital
and opex) is worth it, I imagine.

RE. your original question (2) - yes a single router in each AS and a
link between them is the simplest. Add more routers and more links as
required to meet capacity and resiliency requirements, where cost
permits.

--
Nathan Ward