[NANOG] Charter Communications going to sniff traffic foradvertising?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 15 13:34:25 UTC 2008

I've found that using SSL for all my SMTP and IMAP transactions
and not entering personally identifying information into non-SSL
web pages greatly reduces the amount of harvesting results I see.

As to Charter, I opt out by simply not purchasing anything from them.
It seems to work far better than bothering with their silly cookie
process.

Owen