[NANOG] IPv6 Alcatel-Lucent 7750 + Cisco 6509

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at antel.net.uy
Wed May 14 12:00:49 UTC 2008

By the way, to add some IPv6 technical noise:

Have you ever tried to set up MD5 auth. in a BGP over IPv6 session between an Alcatel
7750SR and a Cisco 6500... I keep getting a log message (Cisco) exposing some issue with
the MD5 digest from the Alcatel.
The funny thing is that Cisco <---> Cisco goes Fine, and Alcatel <---> Alcatel goes fine
(as obviously expected)... so may be you know something about any difference in the
implementation.
Even more "funny" is the fact that BGP MD5 auth. Cisco <---> Alcatel goes perfect over IPv4.

I'm also looking at some kind of issue like changes in TCP sequence numbers after MD5 hash
or such things, but I found nothing yet...

I've talk to Alcatel, but no answer yet...

Thx,

Nic.