[NANOG] Alcatel-Lucent

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed May 14 10:03:15 UTC 2008

> <vendor ears == ON>  Hopefully...  ;-)

Not likely! This is a motley crew of people who like to jabber,
not a forum for your favorite vendor's customer support.

> I want to be able to carry IPv6 in a VPRN without having to
> pay an order of magnitude more for an IOM.

May I suggest that you will make much more impact on your vendor's
radar if you explicitly ask your vendor rep for this feature, in
writing. And then proceed to try setting up IPv6 in a VPRN as
a lab experiment, then raise cases with your vendor's TAC when you
run across problems. Tell them that you are doing the lab work as
the first phase to commercial introduction of IPv6 services.

One reason that IPv6 support is in a sorry state is that people
try something, find it doesn't work, and then suffer in silence.
Please do not suffer in silence! Please do explicitly tell people
about the specific issues that you encounter and please do name
names. Tell us which vendor, which device, which software release,
etc. etc. yadda yadda boom!

The more talk there is about IPv6, the more it gets on vendor radar
and the quicker they will fix problems and improve support. And don't
forget all those vendors of NMS and OSS software.

--Michael Dillon