[NANOG] fair warning: less than 1000 days left to IPv4 exhaustion

Sean Figgins sean at labrats.us
Fri May 2 21:49:40 UTC 2008

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Mike Leber <mleber at he.net> wrote:
>
>> Since nobody mentioned it yet, there are now less than 1000 days projected
>> until IPv4 exhaustion:

No worries, the Internet is going to end in 2010, and the world ends on
December 21, 2012.  I don't think we'll be needing IPv6 in that case.

Has anyone ever figured out how to make multi-homing of customers who
only have a /64 assigned to them work?  Are the routers on the going to
be able to handle the billion routing prefixed that will be introduced?
  Are there any IP Management software packages that won't bankrupt the
world's economy for IPv6 charges?

Maybe the world really will end, and it's all due to IPv6!

  -Sean