[NANOG] Comcast latency

Mike Fedyk mike at reachme.com
Thu May 1 21:32:07 UTC 2008

The delay was probably introduced by an adaptive jitter buffer on one of the
VoIP end points.  It is supposed to reduce the buffer as network conditions
improve.  When it "fell apart" the buffer was increased until it was long
enough to reorder all of the packets.

It would be interesting to see if a call between those same end points would
reduce the size of their buffers after the network stabalized again.

Mike