10GE router resource

Chris Marlatt cmarlatt at rxsec.com
Thu Mar 27 14:18:18 UTC 2008

Greg VILLAIN wrote:

> It is not about making it work, it is about having it work -all the
> time-, even if it is more costly, even if YOU have failed
> troubleshooting a crash, SOMEONE will be forced to help you, by contract.
> Risk assessment folks, risk assessment...
>
> Greg VILLAIN
> Independant Network & Telco Architecture Consultant

In my experience this is almost entirely the opposite. They're only
forced to help you if you're about to buy more gear from them and you're
holding that over their head.

There have been times where I've been the one forced to find the
solution and present it to the vendor. They had no "on the books"
solution to what was, in the end, truly a fairly simple problem.

Moral of the story, you don't always get what you pay for.

Regards,

	Chris