End of life: 'sh ip bgp' collection on route-views.routeviews.org

David Meyer dmm at 1-4-5.net
Wed Mar 26 21:57:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 06:21:41AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:

> >> We're planning to end of life collection of 'sh ip bgp'
> >> RIBs from route-views.routeviews.org. We will of course
> >> keep the data we have.
> >>
> >> Please let us know if you are still using these data.
>
> researchers do use rib shots.
>
> it's feb 32nd 2012, and i want r-v's rib, i go back to 2008 and run in
> all the updates since the last snap?  and this is viable, let alone
> reliable?

	Randy,

	Its the Cisco 'sh ip bgp' format RIBs that we're planning
	to end-of-life, not the MRT format RIBs. Is that still a
	problem? In addition, we're looking at whether we can
	generate the 'sh ip bgp' format RIBs from the MRT format
	RIBs in the event someone has tools that take that format
	as input.

	One important issue is that rv2.routeviews.org (where
	many of the MRT format RIBs are generated) has a
	different peer set than route-views.routeviews.org (where
	the 'sh ip bgp' RIBs come from).  I'm working on trying
	to regularize those now.

	In any event, please let me know if the end-of-life of
	the 'sh ip bgp' format RIBs is a problem.

	Thanks,

	Dave