rack power question

Dorn Hetzel dhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:37:58 UTC 2008

I believe some of the calculations for hole/trench sizing per ton used for
geothermal exchange heating/cooling applications rely on the seasonal nature
of heating/cooling.

I have heard that if you either heat or cool on a continuous permanent
basis, year-round, then you need to allow for more hole or trench since the
cold/heat doesn't have an off-season to equalize from the surrounding earth.

I don't have hard facts on hand, but it might be a factor worth verifying.