10GE router resource

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:49:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Alex Rubenstein <alex at corp.nac.net> wrote:

>  > How sweet is a sub-$1k router that can do multiple gig-e's at 1.5mpps?
>  > Sounds like a dynamite platform for high-end datacenter CPEs that are
>  > soft
>  > on dynamic routing...and even the open-source dynamic routing is
>  > reasonably solid these days...
>
>  I can't believe I am about to ask this on a public mailing list, but..
>
>  Has anyone tested this in even a remotely production environment, while
>  running any sort of MPLS LDP as a LSR?

bahahaah! oh, sorry...

also, how does all-small-packets performance and reasonable ACL
behaviour work? (reasonable for dos things let's keep under 1k acl
lines) What about IDB-type numbers? is this a 10-interfaces at
line-rate or 10k interfaces at line-rate (line-rate on say ... 8 10G
interfaces)?

Scaling a routing platform in software for high bandwidth services is
difficult... or seems to be at least.

-Chris