rack power question

William Herrin herrin-nanog at dirtside.com
Tue Mar 25 23:01:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Paul Vixie <paul at vix.com> wrote:

>  > Have you made any calculations if geo-cooling makes sense in your region to
>  > fill in the hottest summer months or is drilling just too expensive for the
>  > return?
>
>  i'm too close to san francisco bay.

Paul,

Why is that bad? I thought ground-source HVAC systems worked better if
the ground was saturated with water. Better thermal conductivity than
dry soil.

My problem finding someone to install a ground-source system was that
everyone for miles is on city water. You have to be able to drill a
hole in the ground and the folks familiar with well-drilling equipment
are three hours away.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--