10GE router resource

Eddy Martinez eddy at fasteddy.org
Tue Mar 25 21:17:48 UTC 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Robert Boyle wrote:

> At 12:36 PM 3/25/2008, Greg VILLAIN wrote:
> I'd strongly suggest Foundry, I'm a big fan of their kits, price-wise
>> and performance-wise, provided you do not need rocket-science
>> features.
>> MLX/XMR models will surely do the trick perfectly.
>
> I agree too. They still have a bit of development to do on the IPv6
> side, but they are getting there. We are using them with Cat 65XXs
> with SXF Sup720-3BXLs and XMRs. We run ISIS, BGP, and BFD.
> Everything they say works really does. We have been very pleased.
> Definitely put them on your short list. The price per port can't be
> beat and their support is stellar. If you want to reliably route
> IPv4 and IPv6 at wire speeds regardless of packet size or rate and
> optionally filter at wire speed too on all ports then they make a
> great box.
>
> -Robert

Totally agree.
Foundry support is top notch and the boxes do deliver the promised
performance.

The headroom is impressive when the CPU is at 99%. Somehow *cough* we
(me) pegged
the CPU on the Server Irons and still had a very very responsive
console. Was able to find
the self inflicted error and fix the problem quickly. Out testers on
the outside say they did not
notice a performance degradation.

Foundry's performance and support make the price a clear value.

I've only experienced two flavors, Cisco and Foundry.

Eddy