10GE router resource

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Mar 25 20:42:49 UTC 2008

At 12:36 PM 3/25/2008, Greg VILLAIN wrote:
I'd strongly suggest Foundry, I'm a big fan of their kits, price-wise
>and performance-wise, provided you do not need rocket-science features.
>MLX/XMR models will surely do the trick perfectly.

I agree too. They still have a bit of development to do on the IPv6
side, but they are getting there. We are using them with Cat 65XXs
with SXF Sup720-3BXLs and XMRs. We run ISIS, BGP, and BFD. Everything
they say works really does. We have been very pleased. Definitely put
them on your short list. The price per port can't be beat and their
support is stellar. If you want to reliably route IPv4 and IPv6 at
wire speeds regardless of packet size or rate and optionally filter
at wire speed too on all ports then they make a great box.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin