10GE router resource

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:59:36 UTC 2008

Greg has laid out a great bit of information and I would like to add just
one possibility to the list of budget 10GE routers: Vyatta.  According to a
recent press release from that company (
http://www.vyatta.com/about/pressreleases.php?id=51) they offer a product
that is "2 to 3X higher performance at a cost savings of more than 75
percent" when compared to Cisco's 7200.  Unfortunately I have not had the
opportunity to test or use the Vyatta routers yet; I have however
successfully used other open-source Linux based routers in the past with
great success.  If  you are looking for a truly budget 10GE router, they may
be worth adding to the list and looking into.

--
"Those who do not create the future they want must endure the future they
get."