default routes question or any way to do the rebundant

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Mon Mar 24 05:24:55 UTC 2008

andrew2 at one.net wrote:
> Inet-access used be a good place for finding that type of
> information, but that list seems to be on life-support these days.

<ob python>

It's not dead yet!

</python>

Ask a good question in inet-access and you will get a lot of answers,
both on and off list.

The reason the list isn't very active is that its former "support new
ISPs" role is unfortunately dwindling as the telcos keep selling ISP
services for less-than-wholesale and independent ISPs can't compete and
fold or sell-out to the telcos.

For anyone who wants to join this low volume (but bursty) list, see:

As to the original question, it would be useful to review the NANOG FAQ
before posting, especially if one is new to the list.  Among the many
useful tidbits of information is this one:

http://www.nanog.org/listfaq.html#routerconfig

<quote>

Q:	How do I know if a router configuration question is on-topic or not?
A:	If your question is "how do I do <foo> on a <bar> router?", this
question is best asked on one of the router-specific mailing lists
below. If your question is "How do I get <vendor A> and <vendor B>'s
implementations to work together?" then that question is on-topic for
NANOG. Platform-specific lists include: