do you know how to dump packet to see vlan info

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Wed Mar 19 20:40:20 UTC 2008

You can use the 8021q module in linux, and the vlan tools to run an
interface as a dot1q trunk. I'm not sure off-hand about the other
distributions, but under Debian you just need the 'vlan' package.

modprobe 8021q
ifconfig eth1 up
vconfig add eth1 <vlan id>

Configure your switch port to trunk mode, tag your vlans onto it, et
voila.

This will give you a presence in as many broadcast domains as you decide
to tag.

- billn