IPv6 on SOHO routers?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Mar 14 13:19:16 UTC 2008

> > Linksys RVS4000 for $119.99
> > Linksys WRVS4400 for $209.99

> Looked at the manual, the only thing I could find regarding
> IPv6 connectivity was an option

You need the January 11 2008 firmware (or newer) to do IPv6.
6to4 works fine but there is a bug with NAT-PT at present.
If you Google for the device name and "IPv6" then you will
find some forum postings discussing IPv6 using these Linksys
boxes.

Note, that this is another example of a device which was
able to add IPv6 through software only, no hardware changes
required. I think that the majority of SOHO devices will
add IPv6 in this way. As soon as the manufacturers realise
that there is a demand for such products, they can very quickly
add IPv6 and ship it, faster than they can update and print
new manuals.

The list on <http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE> has been
updated.

--Michael Dillon