cost of dual-stack vs cost of v6-only [Re: IPv6 on SOHO routers?]

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 15:51:08 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 3/13/08, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> Now think hard about a prediction we'll still be
> running IPv4 in 20
> years.  A two decade transition period just does not fit
> this industry's
> history.

To be fair, I've encourntered an awful lot of SNA which is still out there, so you might be surprised how long things linger.  But your point is well taken - once IPv4 stops being the primary internetworking protocol, it'll be reduced to special cases pretty quickly.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com