IPv6 on SOHO routers?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Mar 13 13:47:44 UTC 2008

Mark Newton wrote:

> Those of us who use ADSL or (heaven forbid) Cable are kinda out of luck.
> I haven't yet found ADSL2+ CPE that does IPv6 over PPPoE or PPPoA out
> of the box.

Any cablelebs certified docsis 3.0 CM or CMTS supports ipv6.

Your cable provider will have to upgrade their CMTS (line card swap)
before you can leverage it directly on the cable in a consumer environment.

DSL aggregation routers are challenge where again equipment lifecycle
plays in to whether you're in a position to deploy.