Customer-facing ACLs

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Tue Mar 11 06:25:59 UTC 2008

Doesn't anyone RTFM before posting anymore?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287

# Configure your client to match the settings below:
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: 	pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: 	smtp.gmail.com (use
authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587

There is no need to use smtp on port 25 with gmail.  configure the
client according to gmail's instructions and use 465 or 587.

jc