Customer-facing ACLs

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Mar 11 05:10:13 UTC 2008

We have a two-dozen line long ACL applied to our CMTS and BRAS blocking
Windows and "virus" ports and have never had a complaint or a problem.  We
do have a more sophisticated residential or large-biz customers ask, but
only once has our ACL been the source of a problem and it's only because the
OEM version of the software didn't implement communications the same way as
their branded version.

Frank