Customer-facing ACLs

Mon Mar 10 23:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi Justin (and all others on-list)

I understand your grounds for blocking outbound SMTP for your customers
(especially those on dynamic IP connections).
It probably will do good to block infected customers that are spewing
spam all over the world.

However, considering the number of mobile workers out there who send
email via their laptops to corporate SMTP servers, won't blocking
outbound SMTP affect them?

Since these corporate types (I'm guessing here) are probably unaware of
how to change their email client's SMTP configurations, chances are that
blocking outbound SMTP will probably cause quite a lot of pain.

After all, there are also those who frequently move from place to place
so they're going to have to keep changing SMTP servers every time they
go to a new place that's on a different ISP.

Cheers
--
ANG Kah Yik (bangky)