NANOG laptops (was Re: Customer-facing ACLs)

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Mar 10 02:54:31 UTC 2008

      On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Randy Bush wrote:
    > and i lived through duo, hinote, viao, thinkpad, alienware, and now mac.
    >  i keep the alienware because it has real graphics, 1920x1024, as
    > opposed to the mac.

There was a guy from Amazon at the San Jose meeting who'd transplanted an
ultra-high-resolution 15" LCD into his MacBook Pro, after the original one
had cracked.  I _think_ it was 1280x2048, but I'm not sure I'm remembering
accurately.  The pixels were too fine for me to see, no matter how close
I looked.  He said the connector and bolt-positions were identical, but
it had required that he compile a new driver before it worked.

                                -Bill