NANOG laptops (was Re: Customer-facing ACLs)

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Sun Mar 9 19:49:49 UTC 2008

So the overwhelming question for me is why?  Is it simply the fact
that the native *nix underpinnings are where most users (within the
aforementioned demographic) spend most of their time anyway?

That's what did it for me - repeated attempts to get FreeBSD to run
stable on the Inspiron I had at the time.

Note:  The question isn't what's better, the question is what got all
us router and systems jockeys so interested in the first place.

If this is too OT (or has the potential to become so), feel free to
kill it.