Customer-facing ACLs

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Mar 8 01:21:21 UTC 2008

--- Jason.Carpenter at citadelgroup.com wrote:

That's the problem isn't it? Who decides what can and cant go through. I think the tier approach is better, a basic user account where everything is blocked and a Sysadmin type account where everything is open. If the price is different enough then only people who are going to use those extra ports will actually pay for it.

We need to take this off-line.  All long timers are groaning, rolling their eyes and putting this in their kill file.

Try convincing your product managers to create a new product just to appease 'sysadmin types'.

scott