smstools and CDMA

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Jun 21 11:42:20 UTC 2008

Just in case you were contemplating getting the USB one and using it
with a Mac, be aware that the serial-over-usb drivers are early-alpha
quality, and although they were supplied as a universal binary, once
my boss pried the source code to the original driver out of TI it
became clear to him that due to endian reasons they had no hope of
working on a PPC mac.  So much for the G5 XServe that has run Nagios
cleanly for ages.

Joe-Bob says "caveat emptor".

-r