smstools and CDMA

Douglas K. Rand rand at meridian-enviro.com
Fri Jun 20 19:25:48 UTC 2008

From the GMS point of view I live and work in the boondocks: Grand
Forks, North Dakota. (OK, so there is a decent argument that the
entire US is GSM boondocks.)

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a way of sending and receiving text
messages using a tool like smstools and a CDMA modem.

I've found the MultiTech CDMA modem (MTCBA-C-N3-NAM) but I can't seem
to find any success stories to go along with it.

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck with either this modem and
smstools3 in particular, or with sending/receiving text messages with
a CDMA modem.