Cable Colors

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Jun 17 15:25:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 01:03:32AM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
>> I would like to know ANYONE who has a policy strict enough, and enforces
>> it so as to have even an almost perfect cabling infrastructure...is
>> there such a thing?
>
> ValPak, Largo FL.
>
> Their datacenter is new, $3.6M in a new completely automated $200M
> building, and it's *gorgeous*.  Thanks to APC for organizing a (sales)
> tour about 3 months ago; I love facility porn.

I was in a data center for a large bank here in Pittsburgh a few years
ago, and they definitely went the extra mile to keep their cable plant
neatly organized and properly dressed, and they continued to maintain that
after the building was turned up.

That's the real test.  I've seen lots of data centers and colo facilities
that looked great for the grand opening and started turning into rat's
nests as the move/add/change tickets started coming in :(

jms