Cable Colors

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Tue Jun 17 01:00:56 UTC 2008

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:09:42 -0700 Peter Wohlers <pedro at whack.org>
> wrote:
>

>> About 7% of the male population in the US has red-green
>> colorblindness, so keep that in mind.

> At least in my son's case, bright colors -- like the typical red and
> green cables -- are easily distinguishable.  Pastels are more of a
> problem.

More than 50% of males are color challenged, even when they aren't color
blind. I have noted that orange and red cables near each other can
easily be confused, as can blues and greens that are too similar in hue.
However...

> But for proper cabling, see
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1X6PM -- and make sure you read
> the comments...

*That* link requires a put-down-your-coffee warning. Most notable is the
number of stars in the rating, which goes hand in hand with the
comments. Thank you. I still have tears in my eyes.

--
In April 1951, Galaxy published C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons".
The intervening years have proven Kornbluth right.