Single IP routing problems through Level3

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun Jun 15 14:39:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:12:25AM -0300, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:
> 1) I've seen this behavior before; you are not alone in the universe.

Thank $DEITY for that.  <grin>

> 2) Most likely there is a balanced channel on the path, either L3 or
> L2, and one of the links in the bundle is dead but has not been
> detected as such.

A multiple-link bundle which is load balanced by source/destination pair
with an undetected dud link?  I hadn't thought of that, but it does make an
*awful* lot of sense.  (Although, not being a big-network transit kinda
person, I don't know if such a thing actually exists <grin>) I'll mention it
(or ask about it) as a possibility next time I talk to the relevant people,
though.

Thanks,
- Matt