Level3 tries cell-phone style billing scam on customers

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Jul 31 17:56:54 UTC 2008

Gadi Evron wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>
>> (It seems that the larger a telecom company gets, the more they want
>> to act like a scum-sucking ILEC.)
>
> I wouldn't automatically assume malice here, although it is tempting.

>You try something,
> see if it works. Then try something a little bit less, see if it works,
> and so on.

If what you are saying translates to

"How much pain can we inflict on our customers before they break
(whether or not it increases revenue or decreases costs)?"

Then yes, it is inherently malicious, but of a natural predatory sort.

It may not be a shareholder board member meeting conspiracy kind of
malice, but still the verdict: malicious.

And yes, the larger a telecom gets, the more they look like the "scum
sucking ILEC."