Great Suggestion for the DNS problem...?

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Mon Jul 28 19:35:30 UTC 2008

As you pointed out, the protocol, if properly implemented, addresses
this.

There should always be Glue (A records for the NS) in a delegation. RFC
1034 even specifies this:

4.2.2 <snip>
As the last installation step, the delegation NS RRs and glue RRs
necessary to make the delegation effective should be added to the parent
zone.  The administrators of both zones should insure that the NS and
glue RRs which mark both sides of the cut are consistent and remain so.
</snip>