So why don't US citizens get this?

WWWhatsup joly at punkcast.com
Mon Jul 28 19:14:28 UTC 2008

In http://punkcast.com/933/ (2006) Gale Brewer, chair of the NYC Council Tech Cttee talks
about Verizon's initial plans for FTTH in NYC. In the city the problem was that they would have
to negotiate with apartment building owners who would habg them out to dry for access to
their tenants. As a result Verizon went for the suburbs. Just recently, after having gained
approval to deliver cable tv like services, and thus one might imagine sufficient revenue to
meet such demands, have they started in on the city.

joly

Jorge Amodio wrote:

>I belive there are just few major cities in the US that have a comparable or
>higher
>concentration of people like other large cities around the world.

             WWWhatsup NYC