So why don't US citizens get this?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jul 28 19:09:56 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 11:11:39PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	that said, can I get FIOS w/o any other
> 	Verizon crap?  I just want the fiber transport
> 	to an exchange... want my own ISP/peering, not
> 	theirs.  They wont sell it.

I gather that the company providing FIOS is an unreg subsidiary, and a
CLEC, and therefore doesn't have to *sell* you transport, voice or
data.  How they get to be in the wire centers, I'm not clear, though i
understand they are.

I *do* have the FIOS Tampa and National NOC phone numbers, if anyone
needs them; the St Pete Times did a piece on them when they first
rolled out, and were indelicate enough to use a high-res pic of their
warroom as the lede, with the numbers clearly readable.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)